Travel & Local Information
Travel from Denver International Airport (DIA) to Loveland can be by rental car, shuttle, bus or limousine.
Loveland is a one hour drive from Denver via Interstate I 25, about 70 miles.
Two companies that operate shuttles to Loveland:
Limousine and shuttle services have counters in the baggage claim area at DIA. Information will be sent with your registration confirmation. In driving to Colorado, Interstates 70 and 80 east and west and Interstate 25 north and south provide easy access to Loveland.
- Benson Sculpture Garden has provided a beautiful and unique outdoor setting for showcasing sculpture since 1985.
- Devil's Backbone itself is one of the most impressive and visible geologic landmarks in Larimer County with 12 miles of trail for for hiking, running, horseback riding, mountain biking, wildlife viewing, observing nature.
- Horsetooth Reservoir and Cache La Poudre River: ideal for outdoor sports enthusiasts, boating, hiking, fishing, camping, white water rafting, bicycling, and wildlife watching
- Rocky Mountain National Park is an hour to the southwest and is stunning. Trail Ridge offers terrific access to high Rocky Mountain tundra (the road's maximum elevation is 12,183ft) and sightings of elk, bighorn sheep, pika, wildflowers, and the rest of the park are spectacular too.
- Brewery tours: New Belgium, O'Dell's, Fort Collins Brewery, and Budweiser
- Historic Old Town in downtown Fort Collins features an active yet safe night life
- Fort Collins Museum of Discovery, open daily to visitors.
Other things to be aware of:
If you don't like the weather, just wait 15 minutes...
Loveland is high up (round about 5000ft) and the weather can be unpredictable. On average, highs will be in the 80s & 90s (Farenheit), and lows will be in the 50s & 60s. The nearby mountains will be cooler.
Because you will be at a high elevation, make sure to drink plenty of water during your
stay and for a couple of days before you arrive. This will help alleviate any
physiological response you might have to the elevation.
We look forward to seeing each of you here, and to helping you have a great time while
you're in Colorado.